CRATE: Center for Rural Agricultural Training and Entrepreneurship
Wang, K.-H., A. Pant, T. Radovich, J. Sugano, C. Tamaru, B. Fox, J. Uyeda, S. Chiang, C. Chan-Halbrandt. 2013-2016. Center of Rural Agriculture Training for Entrepreneurship (CRATE) for the Pacific. NIFA AFRI AE&RC (Small and Mid-Size Farms Program)
Wang, K.-H., J.Sugano, J. Uyeda, S. Ching, J. Kam, T. Radovich, and S. Fukuda. Organic and Sustainable Pest Management Options. Oahu Mini-Vegetable Conference at Turtle Bay May 21, 2016.
Sugano, J., Wang, K.-H, J. Uyeda, T. Radovich, S. Ching, S. Mishra, A. Park, D. Meyer, M. Quintanilla, S. Fukuda, S. Migita. Evaluation of microbes for field application in Hawaii. Pacific Agriculture Innovation Summit. Hawaiian Convention Center, Honolulu, HI. September 15-17, 2014.
Wang, K.-H., Radovich, A. Pant, J. Sugano, J. Uyeda, S. Chiang, C. Tamaru, C. Chan-Halbrendt. Center for Rural Agricultural Training and Entrepreneurship (CRATE) update. CTAHR Extension and Research Update Event, Waimanalo Research Station, July 25, 2014.
Pant, A. and K.-H. Wang. 2014. Recycle Organic Wastes through Vermicomposting. University of Hawaii Master Gardeners Statewide Newsletter December 2014. http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/uhmg/news/V10-Pant-Wang-benefits-vermicompost.pdf
K-H. Wang, J. Sugano, J. Uyeda, T. Radovich, S. Ching, S. Mishra, A. Park, D. Meyer, M. Quintanilla, S. Fukuda, and S. Migita. 2014. Evaluation of Microbes for Field Application in Hawaii. HānaiʻAi Newsletter Fall 2014.
S. Mishra, A. Park, J. Sugano, J. Uyeda, and K.-H. Wang. 2014. Suppression of Mites by Vermicompost Tea on Tea plant (Camellia sinensis.) HānaiʻAi Newsletter Fall 2014.
Wang, K.-H. and S. Ching. 2014. Rhizosphere inoculum and amendment. HānaiʻAi Newsletter March 2014. http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/sustainag/news/articles/V19-Wang-RhizoInoculum.pdf
Marquez, J. and K.-H. Wang. 2014. Soil solarization as an organic pre-emergent weed management tool on Oahu. HānaiʻAi Newsletter August 2014. http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/sustainag/news/articles/V19-MarquezWang-WeedSolarization.pdf
Sugano, J., S. Fukuda, J. Uyeda, K.-H. Wang and T. Radovich. 2013. Do it yourself affordable screen houses. HānaiʻAi Newsletter December 2013. http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/sustainag/news/articles/V18-Sugano-DIYScreenHouse.pdf
- Cover Crop Plant Available Nitrogen (PAN) Calculator
- Hot Water Treatment for Arthropod Pests Management
- Insectary Plants for Organic IPM
- Use of Oyster Mushroom Compost for Nematode Management
- DIY Screenhouses
- Enhancing Soil Health through the introduction of Beneficial Soil Microorganisms
- Non-chemical Approach for Mite Suppression on Tea Plants: Vermicompost Tea Drenching
- Plant Available Nitrogen and Soil Health Enhancement of Cool Season Cover Crops in High Land Area in Hawaii
CRATE on-line Classroom
- Insectary Settings for Arthropod Pest Management Part 1: https://youtu.be/BsN_3lC35wg
- Insectary Settings for Arthropod Pest Management Part 2: https://youtu.be/1stOru5I-a0
- Soil slaking and infiltration tests: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/27943343/take-advantage-of-the-upcoming-free-workshops-on-soil-health-awareness
- The Benefits of Vermicomposting: http://youtu.be/7pQBWyQYum0
- Sprayer Calibration Using the 1/128th Method for Motorized Back-Pack Mist Sprayer Systems: http://youtu.be/y_Lrx2QmABc
- Introduction to Home Aquaponics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-MJRB18T_o