Links for New Farmers
Toward Sustainable Agriculture: A Guide for Hawaii's Farmers (downloadable .pdf): General Introduction to sustainable agriculture for Hawai'i.
If you're investigating farming as a career choice or change, as a part time job, or as a business opportunity, these websites are full of excellent information to examine and research.
- CHOOSING THE ROAD TO SUSTAINABILITY
- THE BUSINESS OF AGRICULTURE: AGRI-ENTREPRENEURSHIP TOPICS
- SUSTAINABLE AND ORGANIC PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES
- THE FARM AS HABITAT: ENVIRONMENTAL TOPICS
- ANIMAL PRODUCTION
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- TRAINER RESOURCES
These webpages were originally generated under a grant program from Western SARE entitled "New Farmers: Choosing the Road Less Traveled" EW03-002 (2004-2006). Toward Sustainable Agriculture (downloadable .pdf)