Articles and News on Rainwater Catchment
Click on underlined titles for viewing.
- Rainwater Capture Act 2011 - California Bill to Allow Homeowners to Capture Rainwater
- HI Governor's Sustainabilty Plan Aug 2010 (Rainwater Catchment Included)
- It's Now Legal to Capture a Raindrop In Colorado - June 2009 - NY Times
- Successful Rainwater Harvesting Systems Should Combine New Technology with Old Social Habits - John Whear, Earth & Climate Aug 2011
Articles and Stories About Rainwater Harvesting
- Jumbo Jar is Ready for Rain - Portland Tribune -Oct 30, 2009: Thai Jar in Portland Park
- Rainwater Tank Installed at Turner Field - Link
- Seoul's Star City: A Rainwater Harvesting Benchmark for Korea - Rainwater harvesting has been incorporated into shopping and housing development in Seoul Korea.
- Rainwater Harvest Study Finds Roofing Material Affects Water Quality, Science News 6/15/11
- Liquid Crystals on Your Screen Could Help Detect Contaminated Water. BioScholar News Saturday, May 21, 2011. Liquid crystals detect bacterial contamination in water.
- Banana Peel Removes Heavy Metals - A study on removing copper and lead from river water using minced banana peals.
- Rainwater is Safe to Drink, Australian Study Suggests - K. Leder, Science Daily, 11/6/09
- Water for the Recovery of the Climate - A New Water Paradigm - M. Kravcik, et.al
- Safe Water for All: Harvesting the Private Sector to Reach the Underserved - International Financial Corporation: World Bank Group - J. Brown, et.al.
- Rainwater Harvesting: A Lifeline for Human Well-Being. A report prepared for United Nations Enviromental Program by Stockholm Environment Institute 2009