University of Hawai‘i at Manoa
UH Seal The founding college of the University of Hawai‘i, established 1907 Site Search | Directory
Skip BreadcrumbHome >> Academics >> Prospective Students >> Admission


Undergraduate Admission

Undergraduate students enter CTAHR’s academic programs either as freshmen or as transfer students.

Admissions of Freshmen

To enter as a freshman:

Admissions of Transfer Students

Students can transfer into CTAHR from other departments within the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa or from other academic institutions.

To transfer into CTAHR from an institution outside the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa:

To transfer into CTAHR from within the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa:

For Students from other colleges at UHM who wish to transfer to CTAHR:

  1. The student must meet with the undergraduate advisor of the prospective major.
  2. The undergraduate advisor and the student explore career options available in the field, discuss the kind of coursework required, and verify the minimum GPA to transfer.
  3. The advisor sends the student to CTAHR Academic and Student Affairs Office (Gilmore 210) with a "Permission to Transfer" form.
  4. Student completes additional paperwork to complete the transfer process.

Graduate Admission

At the time they enter CTAHR, graduate students must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or its equivalent from a recognized foreign institution of higher learning. The admission requirements for CTAHR’s graduate programs can be found at the following websites:

Admission decisions are made by the Graduate Division in consultation with faculty in the field of study.