Last updated on Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Make updates ->
Name : Birendra Mishra
Title : Assistant Professor
Unit : Department of Human Nutrition, Food & Animal Sciences
Address : 1955 East-West Road
Honolulu, HI 96822
Room : Ag Sciences Building 314M
Phone : (808)956-7021
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Specialties : Reproductive Physiology of Domestic Animals and Poultry, Environmental stress on reproduction, Transcriptional regulation of egg formation in the laying hens, nutritional programming to increase the reproductive efficiencies.
Professional Prep/Appointments :
Post-Doc. (Reproductive Toxicology) University of California, Irvine (2014-2016)
(Reproductive Endocrinology) University of Kentucky (2011-2014)
Ph.D. (Veterinary Physiology) Gifu University, Japan (2007-2011)
M.S. (Theriogenology) Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh (2003 -2004)
D.V.M. (Veterinary Medicine) Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh (1998-2003)
1. Identification of novel genes in the oviduct of laying hens using RNA-Sequencing.
2. Effects of heat stress on the egg production.
3. Nutritional programming to rescue the heat stress in layers.
ANSC 451, Physiology of Domestic Animals
ANSC 462, Reproduction and Artificial Insemination
ANSC 499, Directed Study or Research
ANSC 699, Directed Research
Research Interests :
Dr. Mishra’s research interest includes the regulation of egg formation in the oviduct of laying hens, uterine functions for the establishment of pregnancy in cattle, effects of nutrition and/or environmental stress on the reproductive paradigms, space radiation effects on the reproductive organ.
Selected Publications :
- Mishra B., Ripperdan R., Ortiz L., Luderer U. (2017) Charged oxygen particles, typical of space radiation, induce premature ovarian failure in mice. Reproduction 154: 123–133.
- Mishra B., Ortiz L., Luderer U (2016) Charged iron particles, typical of space radiation induce ovarian failure in mice. Human Reproduction 31(8):1816-26.
- Michelle L., Park J., Mishra B., Curry T.E., Jo M. (2016) Core binding factor beta (CBFb) is essential for female fertility in mice. Molecular Endocrinology 30: 733–747.
- Mishra B., Jo M. (2015) X-linked lymphocyte regulated gene-5c (Xlr5c): A novel target and mediator of the action of progesterone receptor in rat periovulatory ovaries. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 412:226-38.
- Mishra B., Koshi K., Kizaki K., Ushizawa K., Takahashi T., Hosoe M., Sato T., Ito A., Hashizume K. (2013) Expression and hormonal regulation of ADAMTS1 in the bovine endometrium during gestation. Domestic Animal Endocrinology 45: 43-48.
- Mishra B., Kizaki K., Sato T., Ito A., Hashizume K. (2012) The role of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (EMMPRIN) in the regulation of bovine endometrial cell functions. Biology of Reproduction 87: 1-8.
- Mishra B., Kizaki K., Koshi K., Ushizawa K., Takahashi T., Hosoe M., Sato T., Ito A., Hashizume K. (2012) Expression of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (EMMPRIN) and its expected roles in the bovine endometrium during gestation. Domestic Animal Endocrinology 42: 63-73.
- Mishra B., Kizaki K., Koshi K., Ushizawa K., Takahashi T., Hosoe M., Sato T., Ito A., Hashizume K. (2010) Expression of extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (EMMPRIN) and its related extracellular matrix degrading enzymes in the endometrium during the estrous cycle and early gestation in cattle. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 8:60.
- Mishra B., Alam M.G.S., Khandokar M., Mazumder S., Munsi M.N. (2010) Qualities of goat semen in Tris-Citrate-Glucose extender containing glutathione. Bangladesh Veterinarian 27: 46-55.
- Mishra B., Kizaki K., Ushizawa K., Takahashi T., Hosoe M., Sato T., Ito A., Hashizume K. (2008) Role of matrix metalloproteinases in the endometrial remodeling during implantation in the cow. The 15th International Congress on Biotechnology in Animal Reproduction 35-43.
- Alam M.G.S., Yeasmin S., Yeasmin F.B., Mishra B. (2005) The effect of duration of preservation on the quality of chilled bull semen. The Bangladesh Veterinarian 22: 16-22.
English, Japanese, Nepali, Maithili, Bangla, Hindi