Department of Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences
College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources
University of Hawaii at Manoa
1955 East West Rd., Ag. Sci. 205
Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: 808-956-8858 Fax: 808-956-2711
The global plan is directed toward attaining the SM-CRSP's goal of achieving food security in regions
of the world where hunger and poverty are highest, and enabling its clients to do so without compromising
the sustainability of agroenvironments. The plan gives priority to the food insecure regions of Africa,
Asia, and Latin America where most of the 700 million food insecure people live.
The SM-CRSP will contribute to the on-going international effort to reduce food insecurity
by focusing on the following objectives:
- Enable developing country institutions to apply information technology and knowledge-based
tools to increase agricultural productivity.
- Enable developing country institutions to scale-up technology adoption by farmers from local
to regional scales.
- Strengthen human and institutional capacity to combat poverty, land degradation and food insecurity.
- Nutrient Management Support System
- Trade-Off Analysis
- Rice-Wheat Systems
- Carbon Sequestration
- Field Support to Missions
The contents of this web site are made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID). The contents are the responsibility of the Soil Management CRSP (Collaborative Research Support Program) and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.