Program Area 1.
Nutrient Management Support System
Testing, Comparing and Adapting NuMaSS:
The Nutrient Management Support System
- Russell Yost - University of Hawaii
Project Strategy and Approach:
- Prepare a protocol for testing, comparing, and adapting of nutrient management decision aids;
- Enhance adoption of NuMaSS-based knowledge by users in different geographical regions of S.E. Asia-PhilRice, IRRI, Kasesart University, and West Africa-Senegal, Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, Mauritania, Cabo Verde, The Gambia, Guinea Bissau.
Annual Report: numass_2006-2007.pdf **new (4.613 Megabytes)
Adoption of the Nutrient Management Support System
Software Throughout Latin America
- T. Jot Smyth - North Carolina State University
- Deanna L. Osmond - North Carolina State University
The goal of this project is to support the adoption of the Nutrient Management Support System (NuMaSS) software’s knowledge on nitrogen, phosphorus and soil acidity management via a network of on-going programs throughout Latin America. Specific objectives are to:
- test and compare NuMaSS predictions on nutrient diagnosis, recommendation and economic evaluation to those currently in use;
- identify and refine software components that limit adoption of the NuMaSS knowledge base;
- monitor the local adoption process and develop auxiliary tools, when needed, that improve the use of NuMaSS-knowledge within the regional user domains.
Activities in collaboration with national and international institutions are being conducted in Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and Panama.