||HACD Conservation Specialists
Hawaii Association of Conservation Districts
919 Ala Moana Blvd., Room 309
Honolulu, HI 96814
Phone: (808) 586-4389
|Extension agents are responsible for providing technical assistance
in developing conservation plans for farmers, developing nutrient
management plans for growing crops, approving grading plans for
agricultural lands, and management of animal wastes. Although these
services are necessary for preventing polluted runoff and conserving
natural resources, there is no assurance that any of the plans
are being implemented. As a result, no evidence clearly indicates
that polluted runoff is being prevented or controlled in the State
of Hawaii through its process.
||Hire three Conservation Specialists to work in NRCS offices in
Lihue, Kauai, Aiea, Oahu and Kamuela, Hawaii.
||• Assist in reviewing conservation plans, nutrient management
plans, grading plans, and animal waste management plans.
• Explain BMPs related to urban, agricultural, and forestry practices.
• Conduct site visits to land areas to ensure that plans and BMPs are being
• Generate reports after conducting visits
• Provide technical assistance to Soil and Water Conservation District
cooperators, other farmers, and members of the general public on the latest practices
and procedures on pollution prevention and soil and water conservation
• Report the non-compliance of plans and BMPs to appropriate SWCDs, HACD,